IWFCI India National Chapter (registered as FWCI) is committed to supporting the growth of women, offering opportunities for expansion through networking and fostering an environment for realizing the potential of women as entrepreneurs and helping them to scale up their businesses through their network of 14 chapters worldwide.
The IWFCI INDIA NATIONAL CHAPTER ‘Women Entrepreneurship Awards 2023’ has been instituted to encourage, recognise, reward and celebrate women entrepreneurs who have established successful businesses. This platform will give them the visibility to continue contributing to the growing entrepreneurship ecosystem in the country.
The Women Entrepreneurship Awards 2023 Ceremony will be held virtually on Tuesday, 26th September, 2023. Registrations for applications will close on 15th September, 2023. Self nominations are also accepted. The final results will be declared on 26th September, 2023.
There will be a total of two prizes one per category as mentioned below.
- Social Entrepreneur
- Business Entrepreneur
The sectors could be-
- Health and Wellness
- Fashion and Lifestyle
- Education and Skill Development
- Media and Entertainment
- Hospitality (Catering services, home stays etc.)
- Environment and Sustainability
- Rural Development
Each Award will carry a cash prize of Rs. 50,000 (Rupees Fifty Thousand only), a trophy and a citation.
Criteria for application for Women Entrepreneurs
- Should have completed 25 years of age
- Should be an Indian national with business in operation in India
- Should be successfully running her business for 3 – 5 years
- Should have a total turnover not exceeding Rs. 25 lakhs – Rs. 25 crore per year
- Should have full ownership / part ownership (at least 51%) of the company / business / brand
- Should be able to produce record of registration with any competent authority (i.e. Company Registration certificate / Shop License certificate / GST registration certificate / Udyog Adhar / etc.
- Should not be a member or a close family member of a member of IWFCI
The Jury will judge the applications on the basis of the following criteria.
- Innovation element in the business
- Entrepreneurial journey
- Milestones achieved in the business
- Brand value of the business
- Customer Endorsements
- Employee Endorsements
- Bank / Lender Endorsements
- Quality of the presentation
- Women entrepreneurs who wish to participate should apply on the following link by making a Application fee of Rs. 500 (Rupees Five Hundred Only). Link of payment is provided on the application form.
- The candidates will receive an acknowledgement of their application.
- The shortlisted candidates may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents including income tax returns as required.
- Selected applicants will be interviewed virtually by the jury members in the Third week of September 2023 with prior intimation.
- The financial information provided will be treated as confidential.
- The decision of the jury in this regard is binding and final. No questions, emails or phone calls will be entertained in this regard.